MBA Entrance Exams
This page lists the different MBA entrance exams in India carried out at the national level, state level or at the institutes’ level. MBA entrance exams are the first step towards the dream MBA college for any MBA aspirant.
These entrance tests are designed with a view to objectively measure your aptitude and the general skills as expected from a future manager/ organizer.
Here's a look at the well-known MBA entrance exams in India that will be conducted in 2019 - 中国体彩发布的官方app that act as gateways to the best MBA schools in the country中国体彩发布的官方app for admission to MBA academic session 2019 - 中国体彩发布的官方app:
National Level MBA Entrance Exams 2019 - 中国体彩发布的官方app
Institute/ University Level MBA Entrance Exams 2019 - 中国体彩发布的官方app
- IIFT : Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- MICAT : Mudra Institute of Communication Ahmedabad Admission Test
- : NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies)
- SNAP : Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
- TISS : Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- IRMA Gujarat : Institute of Rural Management Anand Gujarat
- IBSAT : ICFAI Business School Admission Test
- IHMR-Jaipur : Institute of Health Management Research Jaipur
- IITTM-Gwalior : Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management Gwalior
- IRM-Jaipur : Institute of Rural Management Jaipur
- : Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test
- AMU-Aligarh : Aligarh Muslim University MBA
State Level MBA Entrance Exams 2019 - 中国体彩发布的官方app
- MAH MBA/MMS CET 2017: Better known as MAH CET, this exam score is used for MBA admissions across Maharashtra
- : Combined Management Aptitude Test, Himachal Pradesh
- : Gujarat Common Entrance Test Gujrat
- : Integrated Common Entrance Test Andhra Pradesh
- : Karnataka MBA/MCA Admission Test
- KMAT-Kerala: Kerala MBA Admission Test
- : Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test Tamil Nadu
- UPSEE, UP : Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam, UP
The entrance tests are of multiple-choice type, where each question is provided with multiple options / answers (generally four choices) and the candidate has to choose the right one.
Generally, the management programs are open to all the streams of study. The complexity level of the masters level management entrance test is mainly pegged at 10+2 level. However, the entrance test for bachelors level management program mainly emphasized on high school standards.
MBA Entrance Exams Sections 2019 - 中国体彩发布的官方app
Verbal Ability Test
The entrance test in Verbal Ability consists of questions based on Antonyms, Synonyms, English Usage, Sentence Sequencing, Sentence Completion, Logical Arrangements and Arguments, etc.
Reading Comprehension Section
The entrance test in reading comprehension section consists of questions based on Passages.
Quantitative Ability Test
The entrance test in Quantitative Ability Test section consists of the following content. Number Systems, Percentages, HCF and LCM, Ratios and Proportions, Profit & Loss, Interests, Time-Work, Time-Distance, Clocks, Calendars, Set Theory, Quadratics, Remainder Theorem, Functions, Permutations, Probability, Trigonometry etc.
Data Interpretation Skills
The entrance test in Data Interpretation Section consists of the following topics. Charts and Tables, Graphs and Functions based problems.
Logical Ability Test
The entrance test in Logical Ability Test section consists of the following content:
Analogies, Logical Clustering, Mathematical Logic, Critical Reasoning, Puzzles, etc.
General Awareness Tests
The entrance test in General Awareness Tests section tests the candidate's general knowledge.
MBA Entrance Exams Pattern 2019 - 中国体彩发布的官方app
The pattern of the entrance test may vary institute to institute. Some may have or may not have all of the above sections. The number of questions per section and the marks assigned for a correct answer in each section may also vary. The pattern of the entrance tests generally changes every year.
The duration of the entrance test is generally 2 to 3 hours while the total number of questions are in the range of 150 - 250 in number. The tests are conceptualized in such a manner that only a well prepared and learned candidate will only be able to answer all the questions correctly in the given time frame.
The accuracy and speed of answering the questions are extremely important in the entrance tests as these results in the final assessment of the ability to handle the pressures.
The focus should be to maximize the overall performance, with reasonably good performance in each section. Since each section is targeted towards measuring specific skills, no section should be left un-attempted.
Further, one has to score a minimum of marks in each section to be eligible for being considered for over all ranking. While intelligent guessing is encouraged, arbitrary guessing is penalised by way of negative marks (1/4 th to 1/3 rd mark against every incorrect answer).
Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Some business schools / institutes adopt Group Discussions in the selection process while some do not. Students qualifying in the entrance test are invited for a Group Discussion.
This is further followed by a Personal Interview. The Group discussions are the first occasion on which the candidates meet and interact with the faculty and other members.
On an average 6 to 12 candidates are invited for this phase of the selection process for every seat offered. In a Group Discussion the candidates discuss the topic given to them with the faculty for a duration of 15 - 25 minutes.
On basis of the Group Discussion, the candidate's ability is assessed in terms of :-
- Communication skills
- Contribution of ideas facilitating a discussion
- The range and depth of his / her knowledge on topics of general interest
- Initiative and leadership qualities
The Personal Interview process normally takes place after the group discussions. In this interview, besides the validation of the information provided by the candidate in the application form, a candidate's suitability for the management programme is assessed on basis of various personal attributes.
Due weightage is given to a candidate's academic performance during the selection process.
Appropriate weightage is also given to candidates having at least 6 months of full-time work experience.
B Schools Selection Process 2019 - 中国体彩发布的官方app
Admissions to most of the Business Management Programs are carried out on the basis of interest and aptitude. Selections are done through a multi-mode procedure.
B Schools Admissions
- Academic performance
- Performance in Entrance Test (where ever applicable)
- Performance in Group Discussions
- Performance in Personal Interview and
- Work Experience (For Managers)